Friday, 13 February 2015

Finished at last!

One house move and two kittens later, I've finally finished knitting these fabulous owl fingerless gloves:


Now, the pattern for these by Tanya Antonova was featured in Molly Makes Issue 21 (that was back at the end of 2012).  But, as mentioned, the arrival of two kittens put all things remotely yarn related on hold for quite some time.  Now they are bigger, I've been able to get the knitting basket back out, and it has been pure joy to get back into it with these lovely gloves.

The cats still have those hypnotic moments every once in a while when the moving wool catches their eye, but at least now they can be easily dissuaded from pouncing.

I've never tried cable knitting before, so this was the ideal project to develop my skills as it incorporates some very cleverly positioned cable stitches that create the subtle curves of the owl.  I think they are delightful, and will be giving them to my sister for her birthday (she is a big owl fan).

If you can track down a back copy of this particular issue of Molly Makes, I highly recommend having a go.

However, if you love these as much as I do and feel the need to own some soon, Tanya's lovely Etsy shop, Cosy Season, has these on sale in several different colours - they are gorgeous!  Click here to visit her shop, it's full of lovely stuff and really worth a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment